5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Business Cards
web, online thing ss never going to take off is it?!
Well, I am sure you, like me, overheard those sort of conversations countless times going back a few years. But did we ever quite realise quite the effect it would have on our lives and it's still evolving more and more with Social Media marketing seeing the latest explosion in growth, especially with Google+ now going through the roof!
But having seen this huge evolution in how people communicate and market our products and services, there is still one item of print that we all still use on a regular basis...
The good old Business Card!
Business cards are still as significant as they have ever been. This tiny advertisement that represents your business will stay in the hands of your potential customers for months and even possibly years. The better your business cards, the better impression you will leave.
Here are some fabulous tips for making your business cards stand out:
1. Give them flair. As long as your business cards look professional and are easy to read, you can play with the design as much as you want. Use colours that draw attention and non-traditional fonts that suit your style. Graphics and photographs add character to any card, and this is an important design move that can give your clients a better idea of who you are.
2. Leave room to breathe. You will probably be tempted to fill every corner of your business cards. This is not only unnecessary, if you're not careful it can often cause your cards to look cluttered. By using plenty of white space in your design, you will help to draw eyes to your information. With white space, viewers will be able to take in your information in just a quick glance, which is all the time some clients will give your card.
3. Add web addresses. You would never forget to include your name and phone number on your business cards. Now that online networking is such a huge part of marketing, you should also never forget your web addresses (notice that's plural!). Include your website address first, and then add one or several social networking sites that you are a part of. Do not forget your email address as well.
4. Use contrast to create interest. Contrast can be developed with colours, text sizes, and types of fonts. Using contrast can give your business card a more structured appearance, so bold your title and shrink your other content. This contrast draws attention to the content that should be read first. Make sure your text colour stands out well from your background colour. If you do use more than one type of font to set apart information, limit yourself to only two different types so as not to clutter your design.
5. Carry a business card holder.The condition of your business cards gives almost as much of a professional appearance as the design of your business cards. Keep them clean and crisp without folds and smudges by carrying them in a card holder. Just imagine what an impact you can create when you open an impressive business card holder and hand your prospect or client an inspiring business card. This thoughtful presentation of your card can really alert clients to what you have to say.
Nearly every businessperson needs business cards for effective networking, so use the tips above to design and print your high quality business cards right away. Next time someone asks for your contact information, you will have an impressive card that you will be proud to distribute.